VANILLA CUPCAKES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA FROSTING
For the cupcakes
60g/2oz caster sugar
60g/2 oz unsalted butter, softened
2tsp vanilla extract
60g/2oz self raising flour
For the frosting
60g/2oz white chocolate
100g/3.5oz mascarpone, room temperature
1tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale. Add the egg and
vanilla extract, and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and fold into the mixture until almost smooth.
- Line the cupcake holes with cake cases and spoon the mixture equally
between them. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. When the cakes are ready, turn
them out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Whilst the cakes are cooling, begin to make the frosting by melting the
chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir until the
chocolate has melted smoothly.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let the chocolate cool slightly. Gently
stir the mascarpone into the cooled chocolate until thick and creamy. Pipe
or spoon the frosting onto the cooled cakes.